Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A New Subroutine

I married a man that obviously had 60+ years of interesting conversation in him, and a roadtrip yesterday was no exception. We were considering the information content of photographs versus paintings. Our general consensus was that they're equal in richness, but tell different stories. To test this theory I will start with a photograph, try to replicate it in paint, then slowly replace information until I have something different enough to be interesting. I think the way I'd like to do this is take a photograph of me, Tom, and our little dog Hector. I'll make a series of paintings, each conveying a more abstracted version of the same image. In a little envelope taped behind the canvas will be my intended information delta.

No comments:

Post a Comment